A guide to people who know they don't know...

Invisible Guru Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Dead Forum

Bobby

This is a kind and amicable notice to the site owner, our DEAR LEADER.

Since there are practically no posts of value, or posters of value (with very few exceptions), this forum either needs to be closed down, or Jed/Jedster needs to start minding the store.

We expect more contributions from the main man, the guru basher, and trickster of choice. If you can't bring in good entertainers, please do us all a favor and entertain us.

Please stop whatever you are enjoying (if you are smoking something good at least share if possible) and roll up your sleaves. 

If you do not feel like writing, then please give us links to something interesting, videos on youtube, or audiobooks (preferably free, pirated, torrented ones), movie suggestions (beyond your short list), and a whole lot more stuff we can't even imagine.

At least one thread a day from the site owner is needed to keep this forum alive, and a one liner every couple of days (usually a pat in the back or on the feathers) is not enough to keep the interest going.

And I don't expect this, but it would be so nice to hear from the horse's mouth what places, spiritual or otherwise, are worth a visit, in the guru's town of residence. Some kind of spiritual and amusement park guide to San Diego.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation, although I guess it is pointless to expect cooperation, or even a response, but thanks anyway :)

May 14, 2013 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JB

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.  It feels like Jed took his attention away from this forum, and like taking water from a flower, its dying.  Sad

--

May 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cool1

If there is nothing significant to be said for a day or a week or any amount of time, no one has to fill the space.  But if you are upset with the way things are going, you can always ask for a refund of your membership fee. 

May 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bobby

Not upset, just a little disappointed, and hoping for more contributions from the main man.

I do not need the forum, I was hoping Jed can deliver something better, if he can't too bad for him, I have lots of things to do, and only use this forum as an outlet to flush out thoughts that come by.

May 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply
Tao
hidden as flagged » show

Bobby

Spammers get attracted to this forum, as flies to a fruitcake. They call it the law of attraction 

Wannabe gurus presenting their latest turbo encabulator design attract the attention of bored, frustrated and curious people looking for some fun with the weirdos.

May 15, 2013 at 1:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jed McKenna
Site Owner

Dear  Bobby: Thank you for your post. Contrary to what many members may think, I read darn near everything that's written. You can always go back and read the old threads. There is a lot to be learned, and most of it is not coming out of my mouth. You are disappointed because something is not matching a thought you have about how it should be. It's your thought that is disappointing you, never anything else, (thank you Noah for your good work on that). You want links to something interesting??? Quit fucking around. The most interesting thing in existence (presupposing existence exists) is right where you are right now. Anything else is a distraction. Everything you do is to avoid the nothing that you are. I can generalize here because it's pretty much what everyone does. You, at least what you think you are, is more entertaining than you can imagine, but it comes at a price. That price is giving up all the stories you live by. Now, they are not easy to drop, but they are pretty easy to see through and then they just drop for lack of interest. Who is disappointed? Where does that disappointment reside? What else have you made appointments for and been dis-appointed by? Life is nothing but disappointment when you want it your way. Otherwise, want what is and no disappointment can possibly arise. Try it. 

While I have your attention, how about Kumare... viewers, comments? If you haven't seen it I hightly recommend it. Especially if you expect me to save you in any way. Job 1 is YOU. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. NOTHING! The point of this forum is to explore the most interesting thing in existence and share your findings. What is right where you are now? Love ya, Jed. P.S. Forgive my shouting, I am a little excitable today. It will pass. Darn coffee.

May 15, 2013 at 2:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike

Hey Bobby, what's your own goal? in accordance to the forum?

--

ending echo

May 15, 2013 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WatAmIDoingHere

Oh~~~no! I am the forum, shit , Im dying! I need water. I am so lonely and so scared. People here did not see Jed for a long time so they left... I am so lonely! Help me!

May 15, 2013 at 5:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrei

@Jed

Just seen it. At first it was hilarious, like a borat version on spirituality . Then he started to put the emphasis on being your own guru and that which as an idea it was pretty ok. However his pupils from what I understood applied his teachings on material things like losing weight or becoming a yoga instructor, like that was the best they can do so not much changed, they just replaced one costume for another

For somebody at the start of his spiritual journey this movie is pretty neat because it shows the traps you can encounter. For those of us who had enough bullshit and go for the truth well, not much...

But again, the main message of figuring things for yourself is a good remembering every once in a while.

May 15, 2013 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jed McKenna
Site Owner

Hi Andrei: Yes, I too couldn't help thinking of 'Borat' as I watch Kumare. Love his work also. Keep in mind that no real 'Guru' is about improving your 'self'. Quite the contrary, he/she is bent on destroying your self. Anyone up for destruction. Love ya, Jed.

May 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mike

what is the name of the movie you are talking about Andrei?

--

ending echo

May 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Murrrrrrr

It's never been about going for the truth, it's always only about what do you really want. That may be truth (or at least the end of bullshit), or it may not be. Either way it seems like hardly anyone knows what they really want, and don't even seem to want to find out. It's not easy. It implies growing up. And if it's truth you want, you won't find it in a movie.

May 15, 2013 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Robert Capozzi

Yes, Kumare was really sweet.  Borat-like amusing.

May 15, 2013 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrei

Mike at May 15, 2013 at 7:06 AM

what is the name of the movie you are talking about Andrei?

http://www.movie2k.to/Kumar-watch-movie-2570536.html

May 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Murrrrrrr

Btw...

- re: "However his pupils from what I understood applied his teachings on material things like losing weight or becoming a yoga instructor, like that was the best they can do so not much changed, they just replaced one costume for another"

Would you know it if you were one of them? It's easy to recognize in others all the things you think you would never fall for, but to recognize the things in yourself that you do fall for is a whole different ball game.

May 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrei

Murrrrrrr at May 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Btw...

- re: "However his pupils from what I understood applied his teachings on material things like losing weight or becoming a yoga instructor, like that was the best they can do so not much changed, they just replaced one costume for another"

Would you know it if you were one of them? It's easy to recognize in others all the things you think you would never fall for, but to recognize the things in yourself that you do fall for is a whole different ball game.

Pretty well said. I`ll have to ponder that one.

As to the actual quote, I know that I did fall for all that spiritual jibberish in the past - law of atraction, chakras and new age and wicca and meditation and zen, etc. and thats why I said this movie is pretty neat for somebody at the beginning of a spiritual quest because it shows you a few traps to avoid.

And if you think about it, it`s all good, you need to try them all out and fail and this way look further because none of them offers you any longlasting comfort as it`s the ego the one that expects the gratification they provide: peace of mind, wealth, better health, superpowers lol and in the end it`s the ego that feels cheated and gives you a kick up the ass to move on

But again, maybe there are other things I fall for nowadays. Maybe even this truth-realization/consciousness is king/jed mckenna is just another layer to be disposed.

Trial and error...

May 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Murrrrrrr

You can't even fail. Maybe it wasn't what you wanted, and there was only one way to find out. Success. Or maybe it was what you wanted afterall, and you found it. Success. Or maybe you wanted it for a while, and later you wanted to move on, so you move on. Success. If it's all good, you simply can't fail.

May 15, 2013 at 9:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Murrrrrrr

That's the cool part. Whatever happens is whatever wants to happen. Whatever "you" really want is not different from that, although it may be different from what "you" think you want. That's why finding out what you really want is a big deal (if anything is). At least that way you know where you're going and you'll know to get with it. And if it's what you really want, you'll want to get with it. Can't go wrong there either. The key is to switch from thinking to observing.

May 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Soluble

:)

May 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Forum Posts

by Frits 2 minutes ago
by Luke Crankshaw 3 hours ago
by red 42 hours ago